What is tetracycline?Sumycin is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body.
Sumycin is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and others.
Sumycin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Sumycin 250 mg Cap
pink, imprinted with SQUIBB 655
Sumycin 250 mg Tab
oblong, pink, imprinted with SQUIBB 663
Sumycin 500 mg Cap
pink/white, imprinted with SQUIBB 763
Sumycin 500 mg Tab
oblong, pink, imprinted with SQUIBB 603
Tetracycline 250 mg-BAR
orange/yellow, imprinted with barr, 011
Tetracycline 250 mg-IVA
orange/yellow, imprinted with Z 2416, Z 22416
Tetracycline 500 mg-BAR
black/yellow, imprinted with barr, 010
Tetracycline 500 mg-IVA
black/yellow, imprinted with Z 2407
Tetracycline 500 mg-MYL
black/yellow, imprinted with MYLAN 102
What are the possible side effects of tetracycline?Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using tetracycline and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- severe headache, dizziness, blurred vision;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;
- loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness.
- sores or swelling in your rectal or genital area;
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach upset;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- swollen tongue, trouble swallowing;
- vaginal itching or discharge.